Friday, March 06, 2009

Redneck Revue

This is Redneck Revue. While we love to drink beer and play redneck horseshoes, we still have conservative political views and we express them here.

So, I here that in Feb. 650,000 people lost their jobs. Now, I am not going to argue that, that is not a good thing. But, think about it. How many of those people are over paid and over compensated union workers? How many of those people had jobs where they did not really do anything?

And as far as Obama and his screeching we have an economic crisis, Kiss my big ole redneck ass. We do not have an economic crisis. We have an assload of people who bought houses they could not afford, with shady, shaky loans from crooked mortgage brokers.

I really think we should let the whole shebang go broke. No more bail out, no more money from the government. The money does not come from the government, it comes from the taxpayers.

As a middle class, (aka $40,000/yr) family income, I do not want to bail out anybody. My husband and I are in the position of being one of those middle class families that does not qualify for shit. Except more taxes. We are current on our house payments. We pay that before we pay anything else.

We may end up having to give up our satellite tv, and diet pepsi and mountain dew and Friday night happy hour. But I will always make our house payment.

We have no credit card debt, and no car payment. Our only payment is our house payment. Yes, our vehicles are old and have an assload of miles on them and they have dents, and they look like shit, but they are paid for, cheap to insure and liscense and they get us from point A to point B, which is the whole purpose of a vehicle.

Right now, our washing machine took a crap. As much as I would like to have a new one, we don't have the cash, so I've been going to the laundry mat to wash clothes and I bring them home and dry them. It will be at least 6 months before I can afford the cash for a used or new washer, so in the mean time I will bite the bullet and go to the laundry mat. It just is the way it is.

The whole point is, suck it up America! Do the right thing, if you don't have cash, don't buy it. Tell Obama to take is spend, spend, spend, policies and stick them up his ass. YOU CANNOT SPEND YOUR WAY OUT OF DEBT!

No comments: