Friday, March 27, 2009

Wife swap

So I'm sitting at home on a Friday night with a cold six pack and the remote, so I"m watching wife swap.

Dear God, deliver me from anal retentive, compulsive clean freak women!

I've watched Wife Swap a lot and it is very interesting how one culture of family can learn from another. The show has never offended me until tonight. One woman who is one of those folks who scrubs her GRANITE counter tops 3 times a day, just called the drag racing family "white trash" and "low class"!

OMG!

We don't all come from the same world. I am not a clean freak, but I do like a clean house. Not polished, just clean and reasonably organized.

And I did teach my kids manners and how to be polite. My kids had chores, and had to contribute to the family. But I also allowed my children to make choices about interests they wanted to pursue.

I have a very diverse family. My aunt Linda Lussetto is super stocker tractor puller. Aunt Linda and her husband recently retired and do nothing but raise horses, pugs and go tractor pulling. Her husband, Pete, takes care of the mechanic work, Linda drives the tractor, fire suit and all, and she is damn good at it and I'm proud of her.

Check out this link of Aunt Linda and Ole Bitty.


Don't get me wrong! I have a cousin who is also a very successful lawyer in Denver, Co. and I admire her too. But how many, over educated, holier than thou, I am an independent women, who think highly of them selves would don that fireproof suit and take on that tractor and all that power and go balls to the wall with it? And aunt Linda is 60 and still spewing fire and brimstone and putting it all on the line in the name of speed, power and fun!

There are 2 women in this world that I admire, and neither one is famous.

One is my sister Kellee, who has made her way and become successful in spite of everything against her, and aunt Linda, because she is so unconventional, and totally does everything against all odds and rules.
Women NASCAR drivers do not have anything on my aunt Linda. She's been into power and speed before those broads were ever born.

No comments: