Thursday, October 02, 2008

Joe 6 pack

I know that I have friends that visit this blog on a regular basis and folks who find me when looking for redneck horseshoes. I love all of you! I blog about whatever makes me happy, mad, or whatever. And I use this as a ranting board, but hold onto your asses rednecks, because I am on a roll and I am major pissed off tonight.

I've been watching the vice presidential debate between Biden and Palin. I have never been so pissed off at every single politician as I am right now.

Governor Palin made a reference to Joe 6 pack and Hockey Moms. I am Jane 6 pack and the American Hockey mom, and married to Joe 6 pack. With the exception that I am a football Mom!

I was expecting to see a debate between Biden and Palin, mostly I see a bunch of crap back and forth, Obama did this, McCain did that, Obama didn't do this, McCain didn't do that, blah, blah, blah!

It's turned into a sandbox, he touched me, she touched me first big bunch of bullshit.

Then they talk about the average American middle class family who makes $42,000/year and how all of the economic, wall street, fanny, freddie crap is goint to affect all of us. God bless Sarah Palin, she is the only one who even has a clue. I dare everyone else in big government to live on those wages. They could not do it!

They blather about sending your kids to college, paying your morgtage, blah, blah, yada, yada!

My husband and I put 2 kids through college from 1998 to 2002. Yes it took that long, 4 1/2 years for a Bachelors degree for both and then, for one 6 months at State Patrol camp and another 2 years for the other in Radiology school. We couldn't afford all that, They had student loans, pell grants and JOBS! We helped out as much as we could, but our kids still graduated with debt. BUT, we did it!

And the whole support the troops stuff!? I have a friend in the military, Barack Obama is the reason that it took way to long to get Kevlar, reinforced Humvees, and a bunch of other simple stuff that would have saved the lives of a lot of American soldiers, BECAUSE HE DID NOT AGREE WITH BEING IN IRAQ! This came straight from the horses mouth of a soldier who was on the ground in Iraq!

They've talked about health care, foriegn policy, taxes, the war, the economic crisis, fanny, freddy, energy, education, gun control, blah, blah, yada, yada.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is there is not one single politician in Washington who has fucking clue about how the MIDDLE CLASS really lives, except Sarah Palin.

Every time our elected officials pass another law or bill or what ever, they get US, the voters off on a tangent, and they keep us on it so we don't notice all the PORK that they attach to it.

They don't pass one single anything that is not filled with one great big old waste of our tax dollars.

I am very dissapointed in every aspect of our government. Our government from my local county commissioners, (which I ran for, but lost, by only 40 votes) to our local city council, to my state reps, to the folks who represent me in DC.

They are all on a power trip and held hostage by special interest groups.

And Biden and his reference to Scranton! A lot of us would say where the hell is Sranton? Well folks to the best of my knowledge it's in Pennsylvania. And I'm from Nebraska! I know my US geography. Whoopee for me. Oh and, don't get me wrong, my sympathies to his family's loss. But where were any of them whem my father was killed in an accident when I was 17 and I had 2 little sisters that my Mom had to raise? And not on any amount of money that he makes?!

Anyway, this particular rant is over for now, I need to go to bed, cuz Joe and Jane 6 pack have to get up in the morning and go to work and make our measily $42,000/year salary. Mind you that is before taxes, social security, medicare, medicade, health insurance and 401k deductions. We take home about 72% of that $42,000.

On a final n ote, I am so glad that our consitution was written by genisues so that it could be run by idiots and ultimatley controlled by the will of the voters.

No comments: